As the pandemic progress, the need to relieve health care workers from repetitive work and reduce their exposure to the virus is increasing.
By interviewing the medical staffs from The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, we listed out all the possible jobs that can be substitute by robots and tried our best to fulfill the requirements.
Target Functions are
- Remote interview with patients, including daily check-ups, mental health care and physical training instructions
- Manipulate medical equipments in the medical ward
- Deliver medicines, food and personal objects
- Room cleaning and empty garbage
- Disinfection of the medical ward
- Other assistive medical check-ups
We are currently developing a robot that can fulfill the requirements and we have tested our prototype under a hospital setting.
Fig.1 Picture of the robot
Fig.2 Tele-operation of the robot via a wearable device
Fig.3 Remote auscultation